Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smiling tonight...

The end of the small weight loss contest at work was today. It began in mid March, but I really was on again and off again during that time. The lack of carbs over the last week helped me shave 6 pounds since last week and 14 pounds overall. That was 3.5 percent and enough for 5th place. Since we immediately started a new contest, my current weight of 396 pounds will be my starting weight. That is much better than the 413 pounds I weighed at the beginning of March. Without a doubt, I feel like I am on the right track! I am not doing a Atkins or other low carb diet, let me be clear on that. I simply have focused on produce, lean meats and avoided chips, crackers, cookies and enriched bread.

Biggest Loser just announced the winner on TV. Even though they had personal trainers, 12 hour workouts and no stress of everyday life, I am still encouraged to see a person my size become that size. I may not be competing for thousands of dollars, but I am competing for a longer life. If I can keep that thought in my head when I am tempted to eat stupid, than I will overcome my cravings. I will say it until everyone is sick of me saying it...ONE HOUR AT A TIME is what will get us there. Yesterday is proof that all it takes is one split second to eat a trigger food and start a binge. Today was a good day and God willing tomorrow will be too!

Also, in case you are wondering, Chloe is bogged down with school work so she hasn't had time to put in her 2 cents. So be ready for her 25 cents worth once school is over. Take care friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment