Monday, April 30, 2012

More BAD than good...

And so it goes, just when I think I got my eating routine down I slip up. It started out great. Dropped the kids off at school, took my final exam that I've been stressing over (and passed ;0), avoided all the fast food on the way back home and then I walked in the house. Since I had the day off work and knew I'd be home alone, I knew there would be temptation to eat bad out of habit/boredom/etc. I did not realize that I would hold strong until 11am and then have a ferocious inner beast take control and ravage the kitchen. In my almost blacked out state of eating through the day, I have surely hurt the progress made over the last 4 days. Just for the sake of documenting my self destruction, let me list the no-no foods that I managed to sniff out and consume: chocolate chip ice cream (with peanut butter on top), one plain bagel w/cream cheese, way too many pistachios and two sandwiches for dinner. Shame, disappointment and general ticked offness (yes, that's not a word, but it fits) sums up my mood.

As stated previously, this won't keep me from moving forward. I got a new work weight loss contest starting tomorrow and the town's weight loss contest begins for me Saturday. There will be a lot of motivation to keep on track, but today certainly was a setback. That's about all I got tonight. I know it will be better tomorrow and hopefully my positive, confident demeanor will return by then. Take care friends.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment