Friday, April 27, 2012

We are back!

Been way too long, but the blog is alive and well. School is winding down for both of us, so the long absences of posting are over.

Here is the jist of whats been going on:

For every day of healthy eating, we had about 1 1/2 days of eating crap. Only one day of exercise and did not drink our water enough. Tuesday 5/1, we weigh in to see our 3/5 - 5/1 results. Right now I am about 7 pounds down, but Chloe hasn't weighed.

Today I completely took hold of new found motivation that flared up two days ago. After sitting with my mom for the 80th time at our local hospital Wednesday (infection, she'll be okay, enough on that), I felt I was looking at my future. She is a diabetic, has heart disease and hypertension, had a strok, cancer, heart stints, double bypass, eye surgeries, neurapothy and countless infections and muscle/joint issues. It is by God's grace that she heals up farely decent and still is self sufficient.

I could easily have these same problems if I follow the same path. With my weight though, an early death is more likely.

So today, I recommitted to eating veggies, fruits, lean meats and swearing off junk, fried foods and sugar filled foods. The kids and I went for a little over 1 mile walk to start a fitness regimen into our plans.

Chloe hasn't quite rekindled the same drive to get back on track. After some negativity was vented from her, she conceded she too needed to be back on track. She told me I have to keep her on track and encourage/scold her when needed. I let her know that works both ways.

On May 5th We are joining a "Biggest Loser" type contest our town is hosting. It runs through 8/11 and person with highest % lost wins $1000. My prize will be losing weight. I will also be in another work contest and will actually do my best this time.

So that is the skinny on where we have been and where we are. Stay tuned to see where all that is taking us. Take care and talk to you soon.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment