Saturday, August 24, 2013

Funny How Things Change...

Today marks 60 days since my fresh start to eating well and exercising. It is also the first time in a long time that I am in the 330s...339 to be exact. This brings my total to 51 pounds lost since 6/24/13 and 73 pounds down from my heaviest weight of 412. Now that I'm getting into the established routines and habits I am noticing something else. I am also gaining.

I am gaining muscle in my arms and legs, as I am noticing how much stronger I am feeling. I am gaining stamina when I do physical activities, as shown by my increased distances I can jog now. I am gaining compliments from many people that I never would have thought even noticed me. I am gaining health, as my knees hurt less and my chest no longer aches. One last thing, perhaps the most important to me, is that I'm gaining self confidence.

This has been a rough few days for various reasons. Old Mike would have ate his way to comfort and felt sorry for himself. Thank God that this new found self confidence has taken root within me. I know I can get through the toughest of storms. I know I am worthy of everything good that this world has to offer. I am not to blame when others try to hurt me or do things to undermine me, that is solely on them and does not reflect on the good guy that I am.

For years I took crap from others. It was the little snotty kids that loved to get a cheap laugh at my expense. As an adult it has been those that think I am a pushover because I smile, laugh and am nice. Not anymore. I am only 1/3rd of the way to my goal, but the 51 pounds I have shed has helped open my eyes to who I really am inside. So now it's time to let those around me see that this weight loss is not only changing me physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

It is indeed funny how things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment