Thursday, August 15, 2013

Just Passed Another Mile Marker...

After frustrating myself by weighing too often and not seeing the scale move, I swore off weighing until my 2 month re-dedication anniversary. Then I cheated and got on the scales. I was thrilled to see the number finally move after a week of nothing. The scale greeted me with 348.8, so I'll just round up to 349. This is the first time I have been in the 340s in probably 8 years or so. Even though I still hate to look in the mirror, I am noticing how much my body has changed since I was 412 pounds. When I was able to jog halfway around the track last night, I could feel how my body had changed.

Each day I weigh what I want most against what I am tempted with. This has helped me so much these last 7 weeks. Waffle cones at Culver's are great, but not as great as fitting in a booth there. Pizza buffet's are big bang for the buck, but not as good a value as buying clothes at a normal store instead of big and tall shops. Most of all though, there is NOTHING that is more important than gaining my health instead of heading for an early death from a massive heart attack. After all, you don't see too many 300+ pound guys in their 50s...and you sure don't see any 400 pound guys live that long.

So I will consider hitting the 340s a mile marker, as my road to the low 200s will be filled with them. So far, so good...it is much easier now that I got my head on straight and recognize the issues that led me to become a food addict all these years. Life is good, because I am making it good!


Sidebar...Chloe and the family are also doing really well. As a freshman this school year, and being 14, Chloe is kinda preoccupied with other things (school, One Direction, friends and music), but she will eventually contribute her thoughts on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment