Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tough Day For The Dad...

Let me be brief, as I have a bunch on the to do list tonight. Our holiday dinner was today at work and what a dinner it was. I ended up consuming most of my daily calorie limit in that one lunch. Turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, roll, pasta salad, banana pudding and topped it off with punch instead of water. Bad Mike...bad, bad, bad. Here I sit at 5:30, getting hungry for dinner with about 100 calories remaining. Obviously, I will be over my 1800 calorie limit today. Every time in the past that I would just skip dinner, it just set me up to go crazy when I did eat the next day or I'd just eat like crazy about midnight. Instead, I will just have a sensible meal to at least keep me under 2200 calories or so. No biggie, could have been much worse. In the past it would not have took much for me to carry that big meal eatin' attitude into dinner and the rest of the week.

Chloe had a good day. She still has about 500 calories left for the day. It brought a smile to my face hearing her tell me "it's okay" when I told her how much I ate today. She was right there to encourage me to get back on it and not let it bring me down. It's that team work that will get us to our goals.

That's all I got for now. Have a great rest of your day!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment