Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hello there...

Since is the first post, I'll start with an introduction. I'm Mike, the dad, and my soon to be 13 year old daughter Chloe will also be posting time to time on here. I hope that this blog will help strengthen our weight loss bond, keep us motivated and perhaps help/be helped by others struggling to eat right.

Now for a little back drop. I have been overweight all my life, with the exception of one childhood summer that I lost a bunch of weight. Obviously, that weight came back. Now I am 34 years old and weigh 412 pounds. About a year ago I was 403 pounds and started a blog to document my weight loss. I lost 50 pounds by May 2011, but have gained all of it (plus 9 pounds) back. I have not gave up and have a renewed fire in me to lose this weight. So here I go again, but with the help from and for my daughter Chloe.

Chloe takes after my genes. She loves food like me, but thankfully is carrying her weight well since she is tall like me. She will give her bio a little later, but I know she hates the limited choices in clothing at her size and the social stigma against overweight girls in school. She also knows what is ahead of her if she doesn't eat healthier now.

That's us in a nutshell. More to come later and hopefully others will share their comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment