Saturday, July 20, 2013

Now where was I...

Whew, it has been a busy 11 days since my last post so I have been a slacker on posting here. I know that many of you reading this that have been following me probably assumed I had fell off the wagon again, and that would be understandable. BUT I DIDN'T, so keep reading...this is an upbeat post, lol.

Over the last week we have replaced gym/track exercising with cleaning out a shed and rearranging the house. So instead of a mile and a half walk with some weights, I am bending, lifting and pulling stuff at home. At least I'm moving and sweating. By Monday we should have our house in order and be back to doing the usual exercise routine.

Eating habits have remained great for the most part. I have not had pop of any sort, or anything with aspartame, since 6/24 and am finally good with just drinking water. I do use the flavor enhancers occasionally that are made with sucralose sweetener (Splenda) just to have something different. There was one particular night that I broke bad and had a mini food binge. A lot was on my mind and I let that lead me to food for comfort. Included in this 4 hour binge was a pack of Pop-Tarts (bought prior to my 6/24 fresh start) and about 800 other calories made up of bread (which I usually avoid) and other processed foods. Fortunately, the next morning I dissected the night before and recognized why I ate like a hog and have been all good since.

Let me mention Chloe, since this is Mike AND Chloe Lose It. Chloe has been doing great, but did have a week off eating wise. She was a volunteer at church camp a county away from us. Her chores mainly revolved around helping the women in the kitchen at meal times. She had great exercise from all the walking and constant moving things around and taking out garbage. Unfortunately, Summer camps are not known for low fat and lower carb foods. She did have watermelon and salad, but she also enjoyed chicken tenders, pizza, ice cream and candy bars, along with regular pop. What the heck, she's still a kid, so I'm glad she had fun and didn't get tore up over eating not so well. After all, the camp would not have been able to fix her the healthier options that we have at home, so she didn't have much choice.

So now Chloe is back home and we are all finishing up the house deep clean and rearrangement this weekend. Come Wednesday it will be one month since our fresh start. I will post here a new pic (I plan on taking a pic of us every month to see the changes) and my updated weight loss numbers. Don't forget, we have a weight loss friends group on Facebook called "We're all losing it". If you'd like to be a member, let me know and we'd be glad to add you. No obligation to post anything, but it is a friendly group with the same goal of losing weight and being healthy that offer motivation and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment