Monday, January 9, 2012

School's in, School's in!

Today started the new semester of school for my wife and I. The added stress over the weekend and today leading up to the start of classes (3 of my 4 are online and the other one is on campus Thursday) almost lead me to breaking bad on how I ate. With the exception of the rib bliss that Chloe talked about from Friday night, I actually kept things in check...as did Chloe. Just to add to what has been said about the whole rib night, my calories were 1200 more than I "allow" myself. In hind-sight, those 3000 calories would have been a light day of eating on many days in the past. It makes me proud to know that even on my worst eating times I still have enough drive to update my calories and start fresh the next meal.

Saturday we ended up going to Taco Bell to eat. Up until the moment I ordered I had considered chucking all my daily calories for some of my old favorites. I didn't. Instead, me and Chloe opted for the light Fresco menu items. High five for the Youngs!

So here we are on Monday. Every one of us doing homework (I'm done for the night) and too busy to focus on food. That is until now, when Chloe just asked for a healthy snack and I sit writing about food. Oh well, that is the struggle of a food lover. One meal at a time has been working for us so far, so maybe I'll have to make that one meal and snack at a time. Not much exercise going on lately, but we'll eventually get it put in to our routine. Til next time, take care!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment