Friday, June 28, 2013

It's that time again...

Fourth of July is right around the corner. For those who have read my posts of holidays past, you know we are vulnerable during these cookout holidays. Thoughts of hamburgers and hot dogs, bratwurst, steak, ribs, and all the other wonderfully unhealthy delicious foods swim in my head. Fortunately there is a bigger thought on my brain, which is me not wanting to be fat anymore.

I have already nipped the unhealthy food planning that my mom will hint at being okay for that one day. There will be no desires for cakes, sausages and chips that I have enjoyed on Fourth of July's passed. I can look in the mirror and see the results of all that deliciousness...I can also look at the size tags on my clothing. Instead, we will have a ton of delicious food that will also get me to my goal, along with the rest of my crew. Chicken breast kabobs with all sorts of veggies, a regular salad with lettuce and spinach, and watermelon for dessert. Early for a menu already you may ask? Not for this family. If I don't fill this plan for the Fourth in everyone's head, it will be so easy to veer into sugar and fat land. Oh the joys of being a food addict...said no one trying to lose weight ever.

Have a great weekend friends!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment