Sunday, June 30, 2013

I could have cheated...

Tonight my wife and I went out for dinner without the kids for the first time in months. It's actually the first time we had ate out in two weeks and the first time since my fresh start last Sunday. I have been really good with tracking my calories on the MyFitnessPal app and knew I had 1000 calories left in the day, due to missing breakfast...yes, that is not good to do. So as we pulled into Applebee's, I had visions of boneless wings and steaks dancing in my head. Fortunately, I put old Mike into a chokehold and vowed not to be stupid. I kept that vow and ordered from the under 550 calorie menu. While my wife dined on her appetizer sampler (that she wants me to clarify she only ate half of), I had grilled shrimp and zucchini with steamed rice for 300 calories..which tasted great. I also made it through my 7th day without pop and chose unsweetened tea in lieu of Diet Coke.
I so could've stole a bite...but didn't


There is a little disappointment tonight as I did not get any walking or exercising in. I sat on my butt and had a lazy day. The regret I have right now should be perfect motivation to get back at it tomorrow. Along with getting back to walking and continuing eating right tomorrow, I am also trying a "fat flush detox" water recipe out starting tomorrow. Don't worry, I realize there is no magic weight loss drink/pill/genie. I am trying this out strictly for the fact that all I drink is water and this will be more flavor and who knows, maybe the good ingredients will help the fight. The drink is made by slicing an average cucumber, orange and grapefruit and placing it in a gallon pitcher, add about 16 mint leaves (I just threw in about 4 whole stems w/leaves) and cover all with water and ice. The longer it sits, the better. You can keep adding water as you drink it, but after 2 days throw out the ingredients and begin with a fresh batch.






Here's to another good day and hope for and even better tomorrow!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment