Sunday, June 10, 2012

Epic Fails...

Last week my post touched on my "cheat days" and how I credited them with keeping my cravings low which in turn aided in my success. I retract and denounce those statements. Since my two days off the plan last weekend, I have only ate right for two days. Chloe was at church camp all week and did equally bad on her food plan, but at least she moved around through the day. I am so ticked at myself and feel like such a failure. For the better part of 3 months I did the right things and lost 35 pounds, so it really sucks realizing that these past 7 out of 10 days has probably killed much of that success. Yesterday I would have actually been in my calorie range, but I had a 560 calorie coffee drink, 380 dessert treat and some nacho chips. Just reckless, stupid and old bad habits. Tuesday I will find out what the damage is on the scale.

Tomorrow is Austin's birthday. I will enjoy seeing my son blow out his candles on the cake, but will not be eating any. I have got to get back on cutting out bad carbs, watching my portions and walking more again. Tomorrow I will get my fresh start. It would be so easy to keep going down this lazy road, but I refuse to lose this battle. It's one bad week out of my life and will not derail me from future success.

I think that is all I got to share tonight. I could write a book on how I feel, but I think I will sum it up by saying that we are not giving up and will work even harder than before to reach our goals! Take care friends.


3 comments:

  1. You have lost 35 lbs, Michael. That IS a success! You may have slid off the track, but you have not derailed! Tread on, and get that train back on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I really really dislike the title to this post! My main argument is this: It is not a fail, as you acknowledge that you did not stick with the plan and that you need to correct this. If anything acknowledging that you have a weakness in turn is a strength. Your ability to understand that a "wrong" has been committed and refocusing on what your goal is, is a MAJOR accomplishment. Focus on the positive, look at what you have lost toward your goal and keep chugging along.. You will have days that the "crave" may seem to "win" but when you understand that this is not right you have won for that day also! Keep up the good, hard work!!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the much needed and appreciated support!!

    ReplyDelete