Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hello Everyone...

I know it has been a long time since our last update, but it's been hectic. School and work have been way harder than last semester and Chloe's schoolwork has required more time as well. Unfortunately we have fallen into the snacking while studying trap and choosing not so good meal options. Even though the desire and attention to weight loss remains there, the strong motivation weakens more often than we'd like. Not cooking as often has been a deterrent, along with purchasing cheaper foods that are not good weight loss choices. So with vacation less than 6 months away, I am stuck in a rut. While Chloe strives to enter calories in her MyFitnessPal app, I end up most days feeling defeated in how I have ate and end up blowing dinner too. I am so proud that Chloe is at least near the right track and feel very ashamed that I have lent a hand in sabotaging her progress. I know what needs to be done to live healthy, lose weight and reach my goals....it's the staying on course and silencing my old self that is the hard part and reason I haven't. I despise how much I love food. Cooking it, eating it and watching shows featuring it. I have not given up though. This blog and this post are a reminder to myself that there is fight left in me to drop this weight.

Today is a new day. I slept late so I have not had a chance to make a bad food decision. So today I will hit the proverbial reset button again and keep moving on this journey. I don't know when I will post next, but I will make an effort to do so within the next week. Take care friends.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment